|MELON IN BLUE//cucumis melo reticulatis|
by Stephanie Pope
Those masterful images because complete
Grew in pure mind, but of what began? ~W.B. Yeats
Pair the man.
the day before a day of thanks, a given, a day set aside
by executive decision, a day, 11-26, a dark day (like today)
but a place restored instead to love, nature
throughout my creations, disasters, myself being with the mess
creating the dish, hovering over it hovering over me
like a shining―day.
Throughout the dark meat of an old year
the right shade & the right moment
in what lead by histories came back to root again a
capable enough in the ragged bone
& jagged edge in the shop, the man,
a lovely man, remembered and an uncommon holiday
Without fear a deeper story embers again
the darkest part of my ancient year, a story dancing
round as fire under the stars. I am thankful today for
a day set aside for remembering
what forms a more perfect union
a day of thanks and
not a Thanksgiving Day but
the one the man
the lovely man
brought to the
moment in the shop
this shade to me.
©2008 125 Melon stephanie pope mythopoetry.com, Bleu Melon Poetry Series
1. Inspiration for the Melon In Blue occurs while shopping for lipstick in a major department store in 2007. 125 Melon is a shade of lipstick.
2. For more Bleu Melon poetry see mythopoetry.com
3. First publication of 125 Melon mythopoetry.com
4. Second publication: 125 Melon appears in the first annual edition of Literary House Review Anthology, 2008, Waterforest Press, publisher (under the earlier Skyline Magazines publications series)
5. This blog marks the third publication of 125 Melon.