Sunday, December 6, 2015

ON DOWNWARD LOVE: DEMETER'S HUNT


















from  "LIKE A WOMAN FALLING"
©2004 stephaniepope mythicartistpress 

TRACES OF A TRINITY
for David L Miller

when javelinas
come passing
wild things come out

come out of the last things
in a last light leaping away
in jackrabbit and foothill

wild pigs come
passing like
shadows hunting

shadow
hunting shadows
of likeness

where the holy
and the unholy
cannot be told apart

cannot be told apart
and must be
torn apart again

wild pigs hunger
in the spirit of times
that soil no certainties

in a season of thin light
wild pigs come seeking
a scarce food

somewhere past
the patios of civilization
wild pigs come

they step outside
the part of me that steps outside
broom in hand

and stepping, I step through
into this woundedness
living just outside my door

and there
I am reunited to another kind
belonging-together, feeding on

my own insides. While just below the
soil line I find I am digging down & in
toward my own rootedness

digging
so that the hurt in me continues
to deepen & die

while just as suddenly as they appear
these hungry ones
leave satisfied



©2015 Traces of a Trinity stephaniepope mythopoetry.com