Monday, May 9, 2016

WHAT MAGIC? #poetry #mythopo




















WHAT MAGIC COULD HAVE MADE YOU WAIT FOR ME?


there should have been a deep and pale december
a calendar with edges signed in wear
there should have been a bleak and frail tender
happening come later in the year

if only there were time to add some touches
tempos beating with you warmed you’d spend
you could have talked me through it, I’d remember
and just for you I’d do your recommend

but when you left the birds were green and singing
the god had risen conquering all dread
and just as dawn came rolling on in ender
light trumpeted and it was then you fled

I do not know the decibel that played you
nor understand the rush that you were in
I wish instead a magic would have made you
hesitate and wait for me, my friend

©2016 SHADOW DANCER STEPHANIE POPE